Titling self directed IRA owned properties (naming the entity) is different than owning a property in your own name or privately funded LLC. If your self directed IRA is held by a custodian or administrator and you purchase a property with that account, the name on the Deed or ownership document filed with the county recorder in the area of the country you are purchasing the property in must show the name of the company where your account is held FBO (for the benefit of) your name. An example would be: XYZ Trust Company Custodian, FBO Roger St.Pierre, IRA. Or if an administrator, then the name of that company FBO your name IRA.

If you have a Solo 401K, then the property would be titled in the name of the SoloK. That might look like this: The Smith 401K Trust, Bob Smith Trustee.

And lastly, if you do have an IRA LLC, then the property is simply titled in the name of the LLC. An example might be: Vacation LLC.

So be aware, that when you are purchasing property in your self directed retirement plan, every document related to the ownership or transaction of the property including hazard insurance must be in the name of your retirement plan.